- Shade from two large trees on the west side of a house and one on the east side can save up to 30 percent of a typical residence's annual air conditioning costs.
- Neighborhoods with well-shaded streets can be up to 10 degrees cooler than neighborhoods without street trees.
- Trees properly placed around buildings as windbreaks can save up to 25 percent on winter heating costs.
- For every 10 percent increase in forest cover in a watershed, costs to clean drinking water decreases by approximately 20 percent.
- The presence of street trees in a neighborhood increase the sale prices of houses by an average of $8,870.
Check out this Tree Benefit Calculator to find out much trees in your yard are saving you and how they do it. It's super quick and easy, too.